CUSJ accepts original research manuscript submissions for our journal. Please prepare your manuscript according to the manuscript template. Once your manuscript is prepared, submit it to our submission portal. Please read the guidelines below before submitting.
Submissions for the 2019 Journal are due Sunday, March 22, 2019 at 11:59PM EST.
Questions about submitting? Email email@example.com
Who can submit?
Undergraduate students enrolled full-time in a US university. All authors must have completed a high school education but not yet graduated from their undergraduate studies at the time of submission in order to be considered for CUSJ 2019.
Manuscripts submitted to the Journal will undergo a double-blind peer-review process. This process is extensive. Competitive submissions for publication will be concise and contain original scientific research. Exceptional papers critically examining the existing body of scientific research will also be considered.
We expect that authors of manuscripts selected for publication will have worked extensively with their research mentor preparing their manuscript for submission. Papers prepared for submission should have sufficient introduction for those involved in other scientific disciplines to gain a general intuition about the paper’s original subject matter.
Authors published in the CUSJ will retain all rights to their work except the right to publish in another undergraduate level journal; work previously published in such a journal will not be considered for publication in the CUSJ. The editors of the CUSJ additionally ask that submissions to the CUSJ not be concurrently considered for publication by other undergraduate level journals. All authors and their mentors must sign off on the author agreement which can be found on the submission portal.
- All submissions must be at least 5 pages and no more than 10 pages in length and constitute a detailed overview of your research. This page limit includes figures, captions, acknowledgements, and references/citations. In addition to being in the paper, figures must also be submitted with corresponding caption text separately.
- All submissions must follow the “CUSJ Template 2019” linked above. Take care to follow all formatting specifications. Papers formatted incorrectly may not be reviewed.
- All submissions must be accompanied by the form(s) in the submission portal. Please provide there all of the requested information in addition to anything else you would like us to know. This information will not be considered during the review process but is required for acceptance & publication.
- All documents submitted must be named and formatted correctly. Please submit your research paper as both a .pdf and a .rtf file with the necessary text, figures, and captions. Please also submit your figures & captions in a separate .ppt file. Do follow the following naming schema: CUSJ_LastnameFirstname_form/paper/figures.rtf (e.g., you would submit CUSJ_DoeJohn_form.pdf, CUSJ_DoeJohn_paper.rtf, CUSJ_DoeJohn_paper.pdf, and CUSJ_DoeJohn_figures.ppt).
- All papers & supporting documentation must be submitted by March 22, 2019 at 11:59PM EST to be considered for the 2019 journal. Although in unusual instances papers may be accepted on a rolling basis after this deadline, those submitted before the deadline will be given priority & not all those received afterward may be reviewed.